XY PLANNERS NETWORK COURSE
Class #2 - November 1, 2017
What does online marketing mean?
- Website vs. online marketing
- What does a 10-15% of leads from online sources mean for your business in actual dollars?
- Ensure you all have enough understanding of how to be successful in attracting clients online.
- Understand where you need to focus time / outsource support for enhanced results.
Bryan Ruiz, Google + bryanandrewruiz.com
Key components for digital success in the financial adviser space:
- What needs to be in place? What are the key components?
- What might most people have but need to enhance/revamped?
More detail on tools:
- Site Tools
- tips to creating tools/engagement for your site
- Using keywords in blog posts
- What tasks could be outsourced for success?
- Using social media to drive traffic
- How often should people post?
- How long should the post be?
- Any tips or example of they type of posts that drive the most to a site.
- Ads to drive traffic to website.
- Where to look for learning how to research keywords
- Testing ads and looking at results
- Other tips like creating negative words list for your ads.
- How to attract the right potential clients and weed out crappy online referrals.
Questions with Bryan:
- How long till I see results?
- How much personal time should I spend on this?
- Where can I get support/how much should I pay?
- This all feels like a lot of work, how can I do it all?
- What if I'm not ready to invest in revamping or ads? What are the easy must do's now?
Question for Group Discussion:
- What successes did you see on the COI front? What were your roadblocks?
- What items of scale are you interested in hearing about.
- In the previous homework assignment and one-on-one call with the coach you identified areas of your personality that can support and impede your business. Please give two concrete examples of how the coaching/reading/thinking on either the DISC or Values/Motivations made a shift in your approach to business/networking/work. Take credit for the shift (even if small) and tell me the results (even if small).
- Centers of Influence: Have you identified any COIs? If so how many, and have you done your version of "step 1" with anyone?
Digital: Create a possible/notional plan to move the your company's digital process forward. Reflecting on all you learned, organize your thoughts and notes into the following:
- Identify gaps in a successful operation for online biz dev. (2-3 gaps)
- Create a plan to address these issues and figure out outsources needs.
- Time needed (personal time + duration of the plan)
- Money needed (for outsourcing and ad dollars)
- Outsourcing needs (who can i find, where can i find them, what are their rates?)
- ROI (What's the total time and financial investment look like vers the retun?)
- Decide if this plan is worth executing and, if so, when.